5/8/07

Day 4

Another nurse practitioner, Joel Rice, stopped by today to share his story with mom and dad. This seems to have given him a boost of hope.

With each day that goes by it is getting easier for him to tire out and it will continue to head downhill for a few more days until his numbers take that U-turn around day 7. He did make a few trips around the BMT unit. Dr. Ntukidem visited this morning and said that everything was going along great. Still no signs of any mouth sores.

He will start getting nuepogen injections through his line tomorrow morning to help increase the white cell count.
Dad and Joel Rice
Dad and Dr. Ntukidem

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Nice to hear everything is still on track. I bet time is dragging by, I know it sure is for me anyway. Nice to hear you do not have some of the worst side effects that come with this treatment yet. Maybe it will stay that way.

I had a little false alarm today. The security guard announced an emergency for Shawn on the radio. I couldn't hear the last name. Until I got to the front desk I was worried.