From Mom and Dad:
Just back from Columbus. Doctor Craig Hofmeister says I'm looking real good. He wants me to go back to my regular activities very gradually. He doesn't want me around groups of people, sick people, newborns or their mothers for a while. After day 30 I'll be talking more to my doctor about this. He said they will be monitoring my energy levels. This and how I recover from the autologous transplant are major factors on the timing of the mini-allo transplant, 3 to 4 months down the road. Next week I will be getting my IV catheter out. They will not be looking at what the myeloma is doing until day 60.
Just back from Columbus. Doctor Craig Hofmeister says I'm looking real good. He wants me to go back to my regular activities very gradually. He doesn't want me around groups of people, sick people, newborns or their mothers for a while. After day 30 I'll be talking more to my doctor about this. He said they will be monitoring my energy levels. This and how I recover from the autologous transplant are major factors on the timing of the mini-allo transplant, 3 to 4 months down the road. Next week I will be getting my IV catheter out. They will not be looking at what the myeloma is doing until day 60.
Craig Hofmeister is the head of the Multiple Myeloma research program at OSU. He over sees all of Larry's treatment.
Dad and Dr. Hofmeister
2 comments:
Thanks for documenting the process. One never gets enough candid information from doctors.
We're going to do my harvest in a couple of weeks and I'll choose a date for my transplant later.
If you want to read the blog of my journey so far, it's at http://motocancer.blogspot.com
Hope you keep getting better. Too bad about the mother and newborns.
Post a Comment