5/6/07

Day 2

Mom went home today to do laundry, to get the mail, and to pay some bills. I got there around 11:00AM. We took a quick walk around outside before his lunch came, making sure it was still ok to do so with the nurse.

He really seems pretty chipper today. We actually took a pretty decent walk and he didn't seem to get tired.

We got back and watched the NASCAR race since it was postponed from last night.

I thought that since it was Sunday it wouldn't be a problem to find free parking close to the hospital but since school is still in it appears that the students take up most of the free parking on the weekends. Probably will be stuck walking from the shopping center (~20 min) so I don't have to pay $5 per day.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Nice to hear everything is going as planned. Dad nice to see your hanging in there.

I would be very careful parking at the shopping center. Shamrock will get you! They have spotters watching all the time. You are better off with campus cops busting you in student parking. At least you can skip the fine and hope they never issue a warrent. Skamrock will take you for about $200. You could go into one of the stores first and buy a candy bar or something but it would still be a bad deal to wait until monday to get your car back.

Tipmeister said...

Thanks for the tip about the parking. I didn't think about that. I have only done it once. I guess on the days that I can't use mom's parking pass I will just have to pay the $5.