5/5/07

Day 0

Today is Day 0, because today is the day he gets his stem cells back. Around 10:00AM the nurse came in with the lab tech. His stem cells were frozen in a IV bag in a cooler with liquid nitrogen. The lab tech put the stem cells in a contraption that thawed them in just a few minutes. The stem cells looked like a strawberry smoothie. In total it took about 10 - 15 minutes for the infusion to take place. This was the biggest excitement of the day.

We have began calling him stinky because one of the side effects from the preservative that is in the stem cells cause him to emit an oder. Everyone describes this as smelling like a can of cream corn. They say this should last for a day or so.

I left around 11:00PM and went back home. I returned with Deb around 7:30PM and we spent some time outside. Dad was going to try to walk all the way, but we had to get him a wheel chair about halfway through the trip.
We found out that the nest in the tree outside of his window is the home to a squirrel. The following is not the actual squirrel, it is a dramatization.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

LMAO (picture of what a squirrel looks like)
Glad every thing looks good then? Are you glad to have stem cells again?

I'm back online for another week of work. I almost finished the digging. I have about 5 "Wheel Boils" left as mason would say. Beth planted all the seeds and plants. My peppers are looking a little sick. They are yellow and the leaves are curling under. Well its only been a day or two maybe its transplant shock. I hope the doctors are better at your transplant then I am.