1/17/08

Jan. 17/2008

Doctors report hopeful.
The cancers activity is a lot lower , 69% LOWER
This due to the Valcade (chemotherapy) received December 14 thru 21.
I have developed graft-verse-host disease (GVHD) which is manifested by a skin rash on my torso and thickening of tissue in my mouth (white spots). A mild form of GVHD maybe a sign the new immune system (stem cell transplant) is fighting cancer. So far I have the mild form of GVHD. We have to watch this very carefully.
Valcade treatment was stopped due to doctors not being sure what would happen if the Valcade was given while I have GVHD. This has not been tested on humans.
This gives us an opportunity to see if my new immune system can fight the cancer.
The Valcade was so effective in fighting the cancer that we are hoping the immune system or the Valcade will put the cancer in remission.
I was put on steroids to help suppress the effects of the GVHD. I have been given pain medications and they seem to be doing their job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry,

You are in our thoughts and prayers, brother. Please keep up the good fight. You almost there.

Masood